SABAK is an independent association which has the center in Ankara having no branch office is established for the purpose of contributing to improve the quality of health sciences education programs in different disciplines in Turkey by making accredation, evaluation and information studies.
In line with this purpose, SABAK aims to advance the welfare of the society by educating better educated and more qualified health professionals who comprehend current and developing technologies.
SABAK carries out the following activities as stated in the association's statute in order to realize its establishment goals.
1. Evaluating and accrediting health sciences education programs upon the application of institutions,
2. Conducting the selection and training of evaluators to take part in accreditation studies,
3. Informing and training the program managers and faculty members about program evaluation,
4. Constantly monitoring the current and future needs of the stakeholders of health sciences programs, to determine the program evaluation criteria, to review and renew the evaluation criteria and processes when necessary,
5. Organizing courses, seminars, conferences, panels, workshops etc. meetings at national and international level in order to realize its goals, and supporting the activities within this scope,
6. Communicating, cooperating, carrying out joint projects, helping each other with national and international associations, professional organizations and accreditation organizations regarding education, evaluation and accreditation,
7. Making international mutual and multilateral recognition agreements,
8. Being a member of relevant national and international organizations,
9. To make or have it made made examinations and researches for the activation and development of its activities,
10. To obtain all kinds of information, documents, documents and publications required to achieve their objectives, to establish a documentation center, to create a web page, to announce their work, publishing publications such as newspapers, magazines, books, and to distribute them to their members, To prepare relevant printed, audio-visual material, to disseminate by mail and e-mail,
11. To provide a healthy working environment in order to realize its goals, to provide all kinds of technical tools and equipment, fixtures and stationery materials,
12. To engage in fundraising activities and to accept donations from Turkey and abroad in accordance with the procedures specified in the Law on Aid Collection No.2860 and provided that necessary permissions are obtained
13. Establishing and operating economic, commercial and industrial enterprises, or partnering with similar-purpose enterprises in order to obtain the incomes needed to achieve their goals
14. Buying, selling, renting and leasing movebles and immovables and establishing the same right on immovables, which are needed for activities,
15. Establishing a federation or joining an established federation if deemed necessary for the realization of the purpose, establishing facilities that associations can establish with permission by obtaining the necessary permissions, establishing foundation associations with some of their properties,
16. To carry out joint projects with public institutions and organizations in matters that fall within their scope of duty, without prejudice to the provisions of the Law No. 5072 on Relations of Associations and Foundations with Public Institutions and Organizations, if deemed necessary to achieve their objectives,
17. To create platforms to achieve a common goal with other associations, foundations, unions, unions and similar non-governmental organizations in areas related to its objectives and not prohibited by law.
Committees that will contribute to the realization of these activities have been determined within the association. These committees are Candidate Determination Committee, Education Committee, Criteria Determination and Development Committee, and Evaluation and Monitoring Committee.